Today is a good place to be.

Thursday, June 17, 2010

Last Day Of School 2010


Well, the shoes have holes in them.... the backpacks are a bit more grungy... there is no such thing as a nice, clean notebook or brand new sharpened pencil.... its the last day of school.


I am happy to have my kiddos back home. They have learned a lot this year. Not only the basics in reading and writing and arithmetic, but how to deal with kids who are not always friendly. How to deal with adults who may not understand that they are behaving their age, not their size. How to stick up for themselves and tell people the correct pronunciation of their name.
I am also thrilled I made it through kindergarten without teaching my kindergartner how to tie her shoe. haha. I wonder how old she will be before I break down and teach her... and him too... I am not worried since their shoes don't have laces.
Leila was very fortunate to have a teacher who kept a very watchful eye on her. Her teacher(who was just a tad taller than Leila) has a real passion for teaching and a sincere love of her students. Nate's teacher was very calm and thoughtful and felt kids learn best through play. What a great environment for both of them to learn and grow in.

Nathan's last day was last Friday. Today is Leila's. Next year we will have a 1st grader and a full day Kinder-boy. Kathryn will be so bored next year home alone with just me all day! But lets enjoy the summer first.



I am proud of my kids.
I can't believe how big they are getting and how smart they are. I love their personalities, their desire to learn, and the way they make me try just a little bit harder to be a little bit better.

1 comment:

Oyama Family said...

I love that her teacher was only a tad taller, too funny!