Today is a good place to be.

Thursday, July 3, 2008

Moments of Bliss

OK- so its not like my kids fight ALL THE TIME- but they do disagree, desire each others belongings, want to play something else. They play together a lot, and after a certain amount of play time we can count on there being a small altercation. The scientist in me feels I should simply observe them and figure out their optimal time they can be together by timing their playtime together and averaging the number of minutes it takes to end in disaster. If I could figure out their limits I could split them up before it comes to blows-- right? Jeremy and I did this before kids for car rides. We could handle about 2 or 2 1/2 hours in the car together, and the trip to his parents was 3 hours. Not good. This thankfully has changed as we have been together now for almost a decade(in September- yahoo!) and have little ones to distract us.
Anyway, back to the kids(See, I always turn these into stories about moi!). The other night the kids left the table to play while we were still eating. I wasn't quite satisfied with what they ate, BUT I loved seeing them play well together. Like I said, this does happens a lot, but rarely do I sit back and enjoy it. We got cleaned up to make a trek out to Coscto and they said no- they wanted to keep playing! My sweet little angels- and I mean it this time, I am not calling them angels to try to trick my mind....
I would not survive in an ape wilderness, or on the African Sarengeti as an unseen observer. The second I pull out my camera I have attention from my subjects. But it is cute anyway(and this one is short so don't be afriad to watch):

No comments: