Today is a good place to be.

Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Sept. 6th, 2011- 1st and 2nd Grade

Nathan did NOT want his picture taken.  He wasn't too excited about school, except he enjoyed his and my tradition of going and getting donuts and "Every Day A Donut Day!"  It was a gorgeous morning to start school. 

As is tradition, we walked down.  Nathan, still bent out of shape about the photo above, didn't want me to walk him to school.  He said:  I am in 1st grade now.  I don't need you to walk me to class, besides, I want to play outside on the playground.

Leila enjoyed her walk with her Daddy.  She was excited, but a little nervous.  In her hand is a picture she made for me that she kept with her all day for comfort.

At school, suddenly Nathan seemed glad we were with him.  But actually, both kids felt more comfortable than they have in previous years.

Nate got a little overwhelmed picking out his seat(He has a hard time making decisions).  But was happy once he settled in.

Leila sat right down with her friend Jordyn from Girl Scouts and was happy to start working.  Kathryn got a little sad to leave them.




Dad went off to work, and I CELEBRATED!




I have no idea how in the world I am going to entertain this little girl though.... but the "low-grade fighting" was a welcome subtraction from the house. At least until 3:00. ;O>

1 comment:

Hesses Madhouse said...

We'll help you entertain that little girl! I have one here who keeps asking, "Where dey doe?" that I'm trying to entertain. Let's do it! Glad yours got off to such a good start. How special to have their dad take them into the school on that first day.