Today is a good place to be.

Sunday, September 4, 2011

8 is Great!

Sept. 4th marks the Day when Jeremy and I became parents!  What a wonderful and blessed day that was!

I always tell Leila that in the months before having her I would have very vivid dreams of her.  I especially liked the dream when they would bring her to me the first time and our eyes would meet.  I always tell her when that happened, it was my biggest dream come true.





Leila is very excited to be 8! She said on the way to church she was starting to feel like an eight-year-old. She is very kind and compassionate, always want to help out those who aren't feeling well. She is sassy and wants what she wants, but she knows what is right and always makes the right choices.







We had a very laid back picnic with our family and some friends at a local park. The kids had a blast and Leila enjoyed herself immensely. Thanks to everyone who supports and loves Leila. Thanks to everyone who supports and loves Jeremy and I and helps us to be better parents to this amazing little big girl!


We love you our BIG GIRL!  So glad to have you in our family!

4 comments:

Toni Moxley said...

8 is a big birthday!! - I love the cake!!

Amy said...

I remember the day she was born and how grateful I was to be there! I am so glad to be a part of her life! What a sweet girl! Love you Leila!!

Quilty Conscience said...

Looks like a fun time! I alos LOVE the cake! Good job! Toni

Oyama Family said...

That's crazy to think that she's getting so old! Yes, I ditto that- cool cake! And happy birthday Leila!!