Today is a good place to be.

Friday, March 21, 2008

1st Entry- Happy Birthday to Me!

Its time I start my blog... many of my friends are doing it-- why aren't I? Of course, I would NOT jump off the bridge if they did. I would try to get them to NOT jump off the bridge so I would probably be out there with them and you might think I would jump too, and I wouldn't, but thats besides the point.

My 32nd birthday was yesterday and I had the pleasure of sleeping in! My sweet little Nathan(3 yo) woke me at 8:30, hours later than usual. Wow-- what a boy! Did he know it was my birthday? No, because he still threw several tantrums before we headed out the door for my WW meeting at 10, but I still enjoyed the extra sleep. So why am I up at 4 this morning? Leila(4yo) got up with a bad dream and wanted to sleep on my floor, Nathan was already in our bed between Jeremy and I, so after I made Leila a bed and removed a few cars from under my back I had to think about my bedroom and the three other people (and kitty) inside. I love them so much, and am so very grateful to have them in my life.

All week long Leila has been counting down to my birthday. This whole year I have been very impressed with her awareness of holidays and special occasions. "Balentimes Day" was huge for her and she was counting down to that for weeks, St. Patricks Day they had a Lepracuan come to class, they didn't see him, but he knocked over chairs, left green foot prints, and left a few other things "awry". Its been a pleasure to watch her enjoy all of these events. So today she was excited that it was finally my birthday. She sang to me and wanted to wear a dress to celebrate! I was lucky enough to be assigned today to be the day of the month that I was the "Parent Helper" in her classroom. She told her teacher that it was my birthday, and her entire class sang to me, Mrs. Conser! How fun.

We took it easy this afternoon. I had a few friends stop by with birthday wishes, how sweet of them to think of me. I got some chocolate,which the kids and I shared. And then Jeremy came home and it was time to go see a movie, my birthday wish.
Seeing a movie with a toddler is an exciting and interesting experience. They laugh and are excited and never seem to get full of popcorn. Thank goodness this cinema has refills on their popcorn for only $.50. They talk lough because I think they truly believe they are the only ones in this huge dark room with the music blasting at a million decibels. We went and saw Horton Hears a Who. The kids loved it-- I loved watching them watch it. How special to be able to spend time with them and share my birthday with them. It was late, but I was hungry, the popcorn didn't fill me up so much, so we went to Panera bread for a bowl of soup. Yum. Leila had a jelly sandwich and both kids had some yogurt. We came home and bedtime was crazy as usual. But what a blessing to have such a loving family.

So, this morning I laid in bed after making Leila her little bed on the floor and listening to her fall asleep again and thought about what I have in these four walls... its priceless. Its everything I have ever wanted-- even the kitty(though I am not a cat person). How lucky am I that I can take a day, a time out, from a very stressful time in my life to just sit back and enjoy.


No comments: